Sunday, January 4, 2009

Meat and etc

Hi

About everyone who knows that I like trying stuff, particularly stuff that was once part of an animal. Meat and seafood. It's all good. Never met an animal I haven't liked and all that. Anyway, one of the kids at work, this eleven year old boy, he recently asked me to compile a list of the meat and seafood I've tried. This is the e-version. I'm working for memory here, so maybe I'll miss a couple. And yeah, technically I kind of double up in some places. I know that veal is just baby cow, that lamb is baby mutton, but they are sold as different meats. And they do taste different. So, without further ado:

Anchovies
Baramundi
Beef
Blue grenadier
Boar
Buffalo
Camel
Chicken
Crocodile
Duck
Emu
Goat
Goose
Guinea fowl
Hake
Kangaroo
Lamb
Lobster
Morten Bay bugs
Mullet
Mussels
Mutton
Octopus
Ostrich
Oysters
Pheasant
Pigeon (both squab, which is baby pigeon, and elderly boiler pigeon)
Pork
Prawns
Quail
Rabbit
Salmon
Sardines
Scallops
Scampi
Shark
Shearwater (muttonbird)
Silkie (black chicken)
Snails
Snapper
Squid
Trout
Tuna
Turkey
Veal
Venison
Wallaby
Yabbies (freshwater crayfish)

With the fish, I'm just going from memory. Probably I've missed a few. A lot, even. But oh well.

1 comment: