Saturday, January 10, 2009

Peri peri wings

I love chicken wings. A lot of flavour in them, with all that bone. They're fun to eat. And, yeah, they're cheap. A major selling point for a student. With all of the marinades I use, the wings themselves are prepared in exactly the same way. I use my chef's knife to lop off the wing tips, then I cut the wings in half at the joint. You can, of course, buy wingettes--wings that have already been portioned like that--but they're more expensive. The wings are cooked on the middle rack of the broiler for ten minutes aside on a medium-high heat. Ensure the bars of the grill are clean, to prevent sticking. You can also barbecue the wings.

In a food processor, blitz a few fresh chillies, a little chilli powder and some garlic. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix with olive oil.

Tip: you could also add some semi-dried tomato or use rice wine vinegar in place of olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment