Saturday, January 10, 2009

Garlic, lemon and parsley wings

I love chicken wings. A lot of flavour in them, with all that bone. They're fun to eat. And, yeah, they're cheap. A major selling point for a student. With all of the marinades I use, the wings themselves are prepared in exactly the same way. I use my chef's knife to lop off the wing tips, then I cut the wings in half at the joint. You can, of course, buy wingettes--wings that have already been portioned like that--but they're more expensive. The wings are cooked on the middle rack of the broiler for ten minutes aside on a medium-high heat. Ensure the bars of the grill are clean, to prevent sticking. You can also barbecue the wings.

Take some fresh, flat leaf parsley and chop it finely. Combine it, some minced garlic and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Mix with olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment