Monday, February 2, 2009

Simple avocado dip

This dip is very simple. I first made it on one of those lazy days--I was tired from work and really couldn't be bothered mucking about with straining and whisking yoghurt or grinding spices. I had an avocado. I had fresh chilli and garlic. Tabasco, too. What else did I need?

I used this as a dip for raw carrot and cucumber. You could use it for chips or about anything. Could even throw it into tacos or burritos or any of those tortilla-wrapped delights.

Ingredients:

1 large, ripe avocado
2+ fresh chillies (to taste)
2 cloves garlic, peeled
a splash of Tabasco
freshly ground black pepper
sea salt

Cut the avocado in half. Peel the skin off and remove the stone. Tear the flesh into chunks and drop it into the bowl of a food processor, along with the garlic and two chillies. Blitz until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper, sea salt and Tabasco. Blitz. Add more chillies if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment